About Dillon County, South Carolina
Dillon County, South Carolina “Creating Business Opportunities that last a life time”. Located in South Carolina’s Pee Dee Region, Dillon County is located on the North Carolina – South Carolina state line and is midway between Miami and New York City on Interstate 95.
Dillon County, South Carolina offers businesses opportunity with a “Touch of Southern Style”. Located in South Carolina’s Pee Dee Region, Dillon County is located on the North Carolina – South Carolina state line. Dillon County offers new and expanding industry access to:
- A single day’s drive to major population centers on the East Coast – midway between Miami and New York City on Intestate 95 – the nation’s major north-south trade route.
- Interstate 20 – a major U.S. east-west trade route is only 30 miles from Dillon County – providing excellent transportation access to all sections of the Eastern U.S.
- The Port of Wilmington (NC) is less than two hours away and the Port of Charleston is less than 2.5 hours from Dillon County.
- Several industrial sites and parks have access to rail via CSX. Dillon County is midway between major CSX terminals in Hamlet, NC and Florence, SC. CSX can provide direct access to the Port of Wilmington or the Port of Charleston and all points on the CSX network of lines from Dillon County.
- Access to a major regional airport in Florence Regional Airport, just 30 minutes away.
- Affordable industrial sites, parks, and buildings available to new and expanding industry. We have large parcels of land at an affordable cost with infrastructure in place.
- A business-friendly political climate that includes state, local and regional leaders that work with our business and industry to help ensure your success.
- Incentives at the state and local levels that help your bottom line from day one.
- A workforce that is skilled and ready to help your company succeed – and access to one of the nation’s top workforce training programs – ReadySC.
- Access to local colleges and universities including Northeast Technical College which provides outstanding workforce and continuing education programs for residents of Dillon County.
A town with a population of just under 6,500, Dillon serves as the County Seat for Dillon County. Other incorporate towns within the County include The Town of Latta (population 1,410) and the Town of Lake View (population of 789).
The Dillon County Development Board is the single source of contact for companies interested in investing in a new or expanding business in Dillon County. Our team of professionals is ready to assist you with finding the right building or piece of land for your company. Call on us today and find out why Dillon County offers.